How can i find a legit stay at home job ?

are all of the work from home jobs scams ? i would really like to work from home so i dont have to pay for daycare its getting to expensive. please help

MoMiE2686

Asked by MoMiE2686 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• First and foremost, you should consider starting something that is creative...  think of things that you know are useful and then find out if there are businesses like that in your area.  Next, think about doing eBay.  It really is quick and easy.  I've made 90% of my money by selling items on eBay.  Also, I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You are more than welcome to read through my blog when you have time at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I work for ChaCha.com as a guide, you make half a cent to 10 cents a question you answer, it is not alot of money but it does give you extra income, I get around $150 to $180 a month. But I don't do it full time just when I get some extra time.
    erica0508

Answer by erica0508 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• The ones that pay enough are scams but you can do multiple different little things to get a decent amount. Things like chacha, lionbridge, leapforce, simplegpt. You have to put in a LOT of time to get enough to survive. The businesses are a better deal if you find the right one. It's a lot of work in the beginning but once you build a team and a customer base, it's not as hard. Right now, I work maybe 1-2 hours a week and one home party and one craft fair each month.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 6:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• This question gets asked a lot (about once a day). Try googling [site:cafemom.com/answers "money & work" "work from home"] (everything in the brackets, Google or other boolean search engine, not swagbucks) to see some of the other questions/answers.

There is a lot of great info, but people get tired of typing it every day and there isn't a good option on CafeMom to make it easy for you to find it :-(

Good luck, mama!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have a business that provides well for me & my family, if you are interested in more info feel free to contact me any time. I also believe century link has work from home positions ?
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 3:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Have you tried usertesting.com? You record your reviews of websites and get $10 a review....very good company, and you get paid weekly.

Have you looked into a biz opp? Try Skinny Body Care, here's my site to get more info... http://Samie8183.SBCPower.com
    Samie8183

Answer by Samie8183 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2011