Could/would you be friends with someone who has had an abortion?

FYI, I've never had an abortion. I'm pro-choice. It's just a question. So no judging please.

wiccan92

Asked by wiccan92 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes I have friends who have had abortions. Some regret them, some feel it was the right choice for them at that time. I do not judge them either way.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I don't believe in abortion..but abortion is the mother's choice.. If my best friend got one (which she wouldn't).. I would love her just the same. Some people have certain reasons for getting one.. It isn't my business & it isn't my place to decide whether they are good people or not just because of this.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yes and I am friends with women who have had abortions. I am not close minded.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It is not my place to judge, while I wouldn't personally do it I have no business telling someone else what they can or cannot do. I had a friend that had one and that did not effect me or my thoughts on her.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have no place to judge "Let he who has done no wrong cast the first stone."
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I am really close friends with someone who did have an abortion. Although I am against them, I stood by her side the whole time. It was her choice and she felt it was the right choice at the time so, as a friend I accepted her choice. She regrets the abortion now and is having a hard time dealing with it. I am still standing by her side and trying to help her through it.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• This isn't something that comes up in normal conversation. My friends are my friends and I don't judge their past actions.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yes, I've had to take care of two of my friends post D&C. By the way, anon, both of them were on BC when they got pregnant. One the pill, the other the shot. Shit happens.... Just like side effects being listed for drugs as being marginal (like antibiotics- stomach upset is supposed to happen infrequently, but we all know it happens to the majority), stats for BC failure are not accurate, if they were manufacturers would be losing money.

There are times when it is completely irresponsible to continue gestating, it isn't my decision to make, nor is it even a subject up for judgment.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• This is something personal that is none of my business. I do have friends that have had them. I've learned not to judge.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Absolutely. I had one. I'm sure I know a few other people who did too.
    Anonymous