PLZ HELP!

My daughter is 18 months and has ran a 102-103 on and off for about 3 days. although, i have been giving her tylenol so i dont know if that is just covering it up. she has been fussy but thats it, no other symptoms. I just pulled her out of bed after a 20 minute nap and she was balling and drenched in sweat, so was her pillow. What could this be?? she had shots a week ago and she has all her teeth but her two year molars, i have looked to see if they are coming thru or if her gums are inflammed but they aren't. Also, whenever she has got a fever its been high, the doc says she is just prown to higher temps. Any advice or suggestions?

By the way, my doctor has always said that she needs more than just a fever to be seen.

CaityMarie

Asked by CaityMarie at 9:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I don't know about that. My daughters doc told me that if she is running a fever for more than 2 or 3 days she wants to see her. Do you have an after hours number you can call to ask them about it?
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Girl, I would be taking her to ER. Some Dr's don't care about what's best for the patient, only about themselves. Take her, she needs to be seen and don't worry about the Dr.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• well if she has been like this for the past three days i think u should take her to see a doctor..
    its better to go and find out then not takin her and then things could just get worse!
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• you should take her to the docs because it might be something. and remember the hotter your body gets the more likely your body can cook itself. Thats why it really bad to have a high temp and not do anything(not that your not doing anything but the doc) so take her and explain that her doc did nothing and switch her doc.
    tripper1305

Answer by tripper1305 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Oh i ment take her to the ER.
    tripper1305

Answer by tripper1305 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my daughter is 16 months and about a week after she got a set of shots she ran a fever of 103 for about 3 days. my doctor told me a temperature like that in a baby is normal, unlike if an adult were to have a temp that high. my daughter also didn't have any other symtoms, she was just a little cranky and tired a lot. i just kept her comfortable and after about a week she felt much better.

is she still getting enough liquids? if so, i'm sure she'll be fine.
    BriasMommy_827

Answer by BriasMommy_827 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• the reason your daughter sweats when she's sleeping is cause her fever is going away. when us adults have a fever and we go to sleep we sweat it out...its the same thing.....it doesnt mean she has something she's just sick...and you should give her motrin
    Flordeliz20

Answer by Flordeliz20 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Her fever being this high, and for that long she needs to go to the ER. Tell them what her Dr said about high temps and that she needs more than just a fever to be seen.

Next, find another Dr. If for no reason other than to get a second opinion.

Think of finding a doctor like dating... you might have to go through a few before you find a "keeper".
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 10:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• get a new doctor!
    it probably only has to do with the shots and will also probably go away, but running a really high fever can cause brain damage. id take mine to an ER, as silly as it sounds its much better to be safe than sorry
    learae

Answer by learae at 9:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• My goodness what a bunch of dumb answers!
    She does NOT need to go to an ER for a fever if she otherwise seems fine. Although you may want to give your pediatrician a call an see what they think about it.
    Tylenol doesn't work well for high fevers, I would give Motrin, it works MUCH better.
    There is nothing wrong with a high fever, a child can have a fever over 105 and be just fine. It's pretty common for children to have fevers like that. Usually caused by a virus, but not always, so it's something to have looked at... because they could have a UTI or something like that.
    If she just had shots, she probably picked something up at the clinic!! They are just full of germs with all the sick kids! Never let her play at the clinic, keep her on your lap and bring hand sanitizer.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2008