In refrence to the Question I posted earlier about moms being made to feel inferior.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/884126/Is_this_meant_to_toot_your_own_horn_and_look_for_positive_reactions_or_was_this_to_discourage_and_ma?cat_id=&result=answer_vote&success=1&order=&next=1

I am truly sorry that women thought that I claimed to be the mom who can do everything. I'm not, I want to make that clear. I read this question and it was closed and I so wanted to give my input. So what if you can do it all, there are moms out there (me included) who don't need to be made to feel inferior that way.
What I had meant to point out was no matter how well you do things it would be nice to help encourage and lift up other moms instead of pointing out how much better you think you are. I come on here to get tips, advise and encouragement. I find it frustrating when other moms boast about how good they have it, because even if you can do it all and it is sunshine and roses all day long for you there must come a time, whether you admit it or not, when things aren't perfect and you don't/can't do something.

So my appologies to anyone who thought I was putting them down, definately not what I intended.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• i think it came off that way but i glad you cleared that up. good for you. you seem confident and are happy with your choices. but sometimes online its had to come across a certain way and lets face it sometimes this is the worst place for encouragment ect. have a good day
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Everyone has different circumstances and lifestyles and everyone does things differently. If you have someone being ugly then ignore it, we are online people here and take the good advice and do something with it and the bad, just let it roll off your shoulders. I didn't read the other post but it sounds like your stressed and you shouldn't be. Take what you need and leave what you don't :0).

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Got it now. It did sound as if u were writing the whole thing rather then quoting someone else. Would've been easier to understand if u used quotes and spaced your paragraphs. But yes, u are right. Like I said in the other post, I don't think being a sahm is for everyone and some of us do find it difficult than others, but this is no reason for someone to feel like they are a better parent than others.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I am sorry that I misunderstood the question..... I agree with you 100%.... I think it frustrated me...lol
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• The mom who wrote that wasn't a SAHM. It was a working mom trying to start trouble.

No one can make me feel inferior unless I allow them too. Many people can do things I can't and good for them. If a mom brags on here I am congratulating her for her gifts. No one should have to hide who they are or downplay their talents and life to make others feel better.

In that particular post the person was meaning to insult others instead they looked like a complete ass. Those who were made to feel inferior need to step away from the computer and ask themselves why they would care what an anonymous person the computer things. We are all anonymous on here even when posting with a screen name. Half on here probably don't even have kids and many are probably not women. I don't know why anyone would put any stock into the posts that were meant to cause trouble.
    Anonymous

• thanks JoLee12345.
    I felt bad thinking I had given that impression about dh. He is a good father, sometimes odd ;) lol He appreciates what I do too and helps out around the house a ton too. We got a new vacuum yesturday and I think he's used it 3 or 4 times, lol
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• "The mom who wrote that wasn't a SAHM. It was a working mom trying to start trouble"

I know I can't reply to it, but does anyone happen to have a link to the actual original question? I'd like to see it, just out of curiosity.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 6:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2011