I HAVE A 14MONTH OLD.. AND SOMETIMES HER DAD AND I ALL TAKE A BATH TOGETHER. OR EVEN SOMETIMES DADDY AND HER DOES AND IM THERE WATCHING.. IS THIS BAD????

IS IT BAD FOR OUR 14MONTH OLD DAUGHTER AND HER DAD TO TAKE A BATH TOGETHER?

Mz_Odom

Asked by Mz_Odom at 1:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think it is bad at all. You are family and this is bonding time. As far as I am concerned, you don't even need to be in there watching.

Eventually though, this will have so stop because the government (social services) will see this as inappropriate which is total non-sense.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• No, it's not bad. Eventually you'll have to stop but she's only 14 months old.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My son is almost 2 & he showers with mom or dad sometimes. It's OK until they start pointing or asking questions.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I dont see anything wrong with it. They really dont have a sense of gender until they are older anyway. I would say about 4 or 5 they need to be bathing on their own....
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 5:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I think it is bad only because you seem to already be uncomfortable with it, or you wouldn't ask. But in general, no, I think there is nothing wrong with it as long as every one feels okay with it.
    Turtle207

Answer by Turtle207 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• as a rule here we started being 'gender conscious' with showers, dressing and such around age 5.
    Anonymous

• nah, she's too young for it to have a negative impact.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• IMHO it's 100% normal and natural. I think your daughter will give you cues for when it's time to stop.
    dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 2:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Hon we have a four year old and a 14 month old. The four year old can take a bath on her own, but if the 14 month old takes one with her (they are both girls) then mommy or daddy is in there. Also we make sure they are washed especially their hair. She's never made mention of it. They also join us when we use the toilet and such. It doesn't feel weird to anyone..at least there is no one making "strange" faces As a matter of fact, seeing us go to the bathroom prompted our daughter to want to pee on the potty also..
    truetigress

Answer by truetigress at 2:35 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• No I think it's fine...I took baths with all my kids, boys and girls, until they were around 3 or so.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 18, 2008