Have you ever eaten something thinking it was something else? (just for fun)

Two times in my life this has happened and scared me for life.

1. I once thought I saw gravy at my grandmothers house ( I was like not even school aged yet) and I dipped my finger in it and took a huge taste.....it was lard leftover in her deep fryer that had cooled down and was just sitting there. To this day I cannot even eat gravy and I do not use a deep fryer. Blah!

2. A month ago I was chowing away on a salad and being the cheese lover I am thought there was a chunk of cheese in my salad. I practically attacked it only to find it was tofu....YUCK!

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 1:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Funny story.. I woke up one morning when I was younger & felt something in my mouth. It tasted like hamburger from our dinner the night before.. So I continued to chew.. well i pulled it out.. and it was a FLY!!! lol..Yah, I puked! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yep, I was at a German restaurant and had ordered a gyro and fries. I picked up a "fry" and took a bite. The "fry" turned out to be a tentacle from the calamari that my friend had ordered. Somehow a piece of it got on my plate.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• they gave me some meet, years ago, try it they said....stupid me, i ate sheepballs!!!!!
    kea1313

Answer by kea1313 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• We were double dating......we stopped at a Clock restaurant (very popular a while back) and I ordered ground steak with onions and gravy, got my order, took my first bite..........my husband said my face turned every color from blue to purple.......it wasn't steak.....it was LIVER......................something I am horrified of! LOL......I ran to the bathroom and threw up! All of our dinners were free that night.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I was about eight and getting salad from the salad bar. I thought I loaded my plate up with cranberry sauce. It was beets. To this day I do not eat beets. My dad made me clear my plate.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My dad used to trick me into eating venison.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• A couple of times when I took something out of the freezer that I forgot to label. One time I took out what I thought was gravy but it was onion soup-oh well. At least it was something I cooked and planned on eating eventually. :-)
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2011