How do you get your picky eater to eat, and what do you get them to eat?

My son is too active to sit and eat so he is super skinny and its a challenge to find things he will eat and eat good.

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 1:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't push my kids to eat. I make sure they have something healthy everyday like carrot sticks or a banana. But I don't make a big deal out of it. The way I get them to eat the good stuff is, when they come down in the morning, before breakfast, I just hand them a banana. They are hungry then, they usually just eat it. Or before dinner, I'll put out carrot sticks and ranch dressing. I just put it out and leave them alone. They eat it. I think when you force kids, and make a big fuss it works against you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I don't push my son to eat something, give him choices. Otherwise all you can do is have them try it and if they don't like it, make sure they get something you know they like as a stand by. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My daughter is picky. I give her 2 choices and if she is "hungry" then she will eat. Such as do you want string cheese or apple slices? When I know she really wants a cookie...she is 5. My son who is 15 months will eat just about anything
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 2:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• my dd is the same way i can get her sit down and eat when im feeding her little sister but other then that i give her snacks that she can hold and eat like apple slices of string cheese though out the day just to make sure she gets some nutriton though out the day
    luckygurl17

Answer by luckygurl17 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2011