What was your pregnancy and labor like?

It may sound weird but pregnancy and labor fascinates me, from preggo cravings, to feelings, to the actual labor process fascinates me.

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 1:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Ha ha that's not weird. I love being pregnant and love being in labor! Its funny b/c both my pregnancies & labor were night & day. Pregnancy #1 went well, but L&D was HORRIBLE!!! Pregnancy #2 was horrible b/c I was high-risk and was afraid the whole time of losing my baby, but L&D was easy.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• We tried for 3 years.. I was SO excited finding out we were finally pregnant.. then I got resentful and angry for like 2 weeks and not sure why.. then I was sick for the first 6 months, had round ligament pain and then at 6 months I found out I had gestational diabetes but at least the all day sick feeling was gone, I LOVED being pregnant.. I miss it all the time.. miss feeling him. I had to be induced from the GD and it was 37 hours and not fun, once they finally broke my water after my Epidural ( so much pain because clearly my body was NOT ready to have this baby at my induction date ) I pushed for 1-1/2.. they put a mirror down so I could watch the whole thing and seeing his head made me only push harder.. It was amazing!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My first two pregnancy were pretty average. A little nausea, a little discomfort near the end, but life went on as normal. My labours were both fast, 4 hours from beginning to end. Although the first was scary because I had never felt those feelings before, the second was more painful because I wasn't psychologically ready for the baby yet. I delivered both babies withouth the use of pain meds and had a doula to assist my husband and me. Spent lots of time in the shower and used lots of curse words..but the babies came out healthy so it was worth it!  I am now pregnant with my third and the pregnancy has been more difficult but not horrible by any means. I am just more exhausted and grumpy. My morning sickness is much worse. I think some of it is because I have two toddlers to chase around.

tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 1:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It good that it intertest you. I honestly love my pregnancy and didn't want it to end. I ended up having a c-section which that whole process was a little painful that outcome of it all was the most wonderful thing in my whole life.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2011