Planned C-section...posted again

I got some replies on my last one, but it was just information on why they do planned c-sections...I know why I'm having a planned c-section, I just want to know how they do it.

So I'll ask. again.

Do they break your water before they do it, or do they induce you so you go into labor, or do they just go in and take the baby out?

Any personal experiences with planned c-section would be great.

monstersmommy20

Asked by monstersmommy20 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just go in and take the baby out. There is no reason to start labor.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Thank you...thats what I wanted to know.
    monstersmommy20

Comment by monstersmommy20 (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I went in they hooked me up to a fetal monitor and started an iv. After I had had 1 liter then gave me the spinal. With in a few min of getting the pain meds Dh was dressed and I was being wheeled into the OR. My belly was cleaned (though I could not feel it or anything) The baby was removed and I got to see and talk to her before DH and baby were escorted out of the room for her check up. I had my tubes tied and was sewn up and in the recovery room with DH and baby in time to breast feed and see her first bath. My pain meds via spinal were toned down but remained for about 6 hour then I was switched to oral meds. I wason them for about 4 days regular and I was off completely in about6 days.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• They will hook you up to IV, blood pressure monitor and put in a catheter. They give you and anesthetic (the kinds depends on you and your doctor). Then they prep you for surgery by shaving and cleaning the area, then they will "go in and get the baby out" Google c-section proceduresif you want more info. I'm sure you can find very detailed youtube videos or descriptions. Good luck.

tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 1:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Nope, no breaking of the water, you literally go in there like it's just some normal doctor appointment, except they deliver your baby. You go in, get undressed, get into the gown, when the OR is prepped and ready, the nurse takes you back there and they get you up on the table. The anesthesiologist gets the spinal block going, you lay back on the table and get completely numb. The doctors come in, put up the blue sheet so you can't see anything going on down there, they do the pinch test to make sure you're numb and then they operate. A while later your baby is born. Your partner gets to hold the baby, they show you the baby and then they do all the normal tests with the baby while you're being closed back up. When that's done, they wheel you into the recovery room. It's all so clinical and matter of fact. I remember my doctors talking about normal day to day things while they were taking my baby out and sewing me back up.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 1:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You go in. They do a sonogram, take blood, hook you up to an IV and shave you. They roll you into the delivery room. You sit up and they give you the spinal. You immediately get numb. You lie right down. They drape you and operate.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My 2nd and 3rd were planned c-sections. With #2 they put a catheter in, IV in before I was wheeled down to surgery. In surgery they did the spinal, put the curtain up (so I could not see), put the pulse ox thing on my finger, then shaved and swabbed the surgical area. Then they opened me up and took the baby out. With #3 they did not put the catheter in until after I had the spinal--- and I was VERY GLAD of that!!! (with #2 the catheter experience was NOT a good one!!).
    You can also ask your doctor about what the steps are or how he/she does the C-sections.
    Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2011