Is it ok that my 11 month old doesn't want to drink any liquid besides milk?

some women have told me that at almost a year, kids should be drinking water and juice and less formula...I live in Florida and it's VERY hot and humid here and when my son goes outside he gets really flushed and sweaty and I want him to drink water but he won't drink water he'll only drink formula. I drink water throughout the day. Should I contiually give him formula throughout the day to make sure he's hydrated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should start pushing water.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• No no no. Formula or breastmilk are ALL baby needs in year one.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I agree with gdiamante, no juice or water before age one. Really, just stick with the formula. After one, start getting him to drink the water. Juice is REALLY unnecessary.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Water is great to start early. Don't worry sometimes they don't show interest until you have offered it enough. just keep trying, your doing the right thing mommy.
    My son had no interest in the beginning but now he drinks water and milk. He loves it.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2011