Pregnancy in the early 30's...What is your experience? Complications?

I am 29 now, and want to have at least one more child. I'm thinking I will be at the right point in my life to have another child around 31-but I am concerned about problems that I may encounter. I know pregnancy becomes riskier after 34, but what is the typical experience in the early 30's.

nacoledawn

Asked by nacoledawn at 1:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had my first at 39 & I'm 43 now, pregnant & due in a week with my second. Complications can come at any age. Statistics show higher percentages of problems for older women simply because there are fewer who get pregnant when they are older. So the results are swayed by the percentages. I am healthy & very happy as well!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I had my first at 29 and just had my 2nd a few days before my 33rd birthday. I didn't have any complications either time.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 6:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I am 32 and just had my first baby TWINS! My pregnancy was completely normal, I did gain 80 pounds which caused gestational diabetes, and I also delivered 2 months early but that is common in a twin pregnancy. I worried alot myslef at first but try not to! Just relax and enjoy every second of it!
    AvaAndAverysMom

Answer by AvaAndAverysMom at 7:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2011