Follow up to How STUPID can you be?

A few days ago I posted a vent about my husband rear ending someone else because he was messing around on his iPhone instead of driving. (Here) Today the insurance adjustor came, took a look at the damage and wrote up an estimate. It's going to be $3,500 and at least a week to get OUR car repaired.

Lesson to everyone who thinks they can drive while distracted: YOU CAN'T!!! Hang up your phone and/or ignore it while you're driving.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 1:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Does insurance cover any of it? For your car? Man, I'd be pissed, all over again. And, AND pissed that HE was mad that I was pissed! I think I'd just get pissy at just about everything he said for a while. Right or wrong, I wouldn't be able to help it, that's just me. Especially since we wouldn't be able to afford it!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• An expensive mistake ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I agree sorry that that happened to you though mama
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• The ONLY saving grace (small as it is) was that he was the only person in the car when he hit the other guy. Needless to say if we're going anywhere as a family I'm driving.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Texting while driving: It's like alot of other things that are bad, (even deadly)...unfortunately, people are STILL going to do it. It has cost people their very lives and STILL people do it.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 6:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• All we'll have to pay is our $500 deductible, insurance will cover the rest. I'm also now finding out that all 3 people in the other vehicle (pickup truck with tow hitch) are claiming body injury. From what I could read of the estimate our entire bumper assembly needs to be repaired/replaced.

yeah I'm still mad. He's just shrugging it all off like "shit happens, move on"
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I agree people need to hang up and drive and let the calls go to voicemail I have seen so many people talking, texting, etc while driving and almost got hit the other day by someone doing this.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Is your DH a cafemom.... because I am sure you should be giving him this advice first...LOL and how does your husbands bad driving turn into best drivers advice 101 for people not even in his car.... Never mind lets just move on.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 9:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2011