Addicted to the boob!

My son, 3 months, is addicted to my boob. Seriously! He doesn't have to be latch or anything but he has to be near it. He will fall asleep nursing and if I put him up to my shoulder he will wake and start to cry. If I put him back to my breast he may latch, he may not but he will stop fussing. If I pull my shirt back down after he's fallen asleep and broken the latch he will sometimes fuss. As long as he is near it he's happy. I have been pumping and trying to get him to take a bottle because I will eventually (I'm sure) be leaving him home with dh. At first he would only take it from me but now he will from dh and the kids (they want to feed him too, it's cute!) but he's not very keen on the bottle. He is my 4th baby I've breastfed but I've never had this kind of attachment to it, lol One of my dd's would start smacking her lips together as soon as I would hold her. OK now he's just finished nursing again while I type this and he pulled away, nuzzled in and is sleeping. Anyone else have a boob addicted baby? Yes I know it's a comfort for him and I'm not bothered by it. It isn't always convenient but it is what it is.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies just LOVE them some boob! DS was the same way- it had to be there all the time. Some times were more so than others. He loved sleeping on the boob, he loved using it as a pacifier, it definitely got to me sometimes, but it can be normal for some kids. If it's alright for you, just go with it, but keep working on trying to get him away when you can. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• yes, babies do that. My son fell asleep when eating, it's so comforting. My husband would try to keep him awake so he would eat. But, enjoy that special bond it doesn't last forever.
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• He isn't addicted, that is totally his job right now. LOL
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I get eating, but napping on the boob?
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I try to get him to atleast sleep on me and not need to have my boob exposed. He does love being in carriers and close, often I find my shirt pulled down when he's there. Dh calls it his spot! lol
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011