Low budget Birthday party ideas

My entire extended family that lives in OK decided they would come out here to GA for my DD's 3rd birthday in July. We were not planning on doing a big birthday party for her. They have never been here for her birthday and our house is way too small to fit that many people for a birthday party. We have no idea where we could even afford to do a birthday party at and its just way too hot in the middle of summer to do it outside (unless its a pool party and we don't know anyone with a pool). Any ideas? What did you do for your 3 year old on their birthday? I asked my DD what SHE wanted to do and all she keeps saying is she wants sparkles on her cake. I think I can make that happen though.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 1:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, you could hook sprinklers up in the back for the kids and just have some music on inside for the kids when they get worn out from the heat... A cake and snacks/pizza- Little Caesars isn't fabulous but the kids don't care and let's face it. it's $5. lol. Make the cake yourself to save money there and just buy themed cake plates. Everything else can be generic colors. That saves a TON!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Ooh, I love the previous poster and her sprinkler idea. That would be great in a hot climate that will allow you to get the kids outside and burn up some energy! If you don't already have one of those lawn watering sprinklers that move back and forth, they can be purchased semi cheaply at Walmart - or there are cheap water toys also - baby wading pools, slip n slide, etc. I would check out the local stores.

Hit up the Dollar stores for decorations and cheap party favors...you can always do simple inexpensive food for the main meal - grill some burgers and hot dogs, chips, soda, etc.

Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 1:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Have her party at a park, buy some decorations, cake. That way you can watch the kids play and catch up with your family too who lives out of town. Where I live they have sheds over the picnic tables and there's bbq grills. You could just get a pizza and some soft drinks
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 1:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Maybe chucky cheese but not sure of the price. I agree that if to hot you might not want it outside. Some churches have basements you can use for parities. as for food ideas chips, hotdogs, cake, drinks would be fine. If to many people then I would not do gift bags but have some dollar store items like stickers,pencils, toy rings, or coloring books as prizes if you do games. A pinata would make sure everyone gets something for a treat. family fun website might be able to give my some ideas as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I agree with these ladies either do her party at the park or have it in your back yard and hook up a sprinkler and if you don't have one walmart has them for no more than 10.00.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:38 AM on Jun. 21, 2011