Mall Of America

I really want to go. I know it is huge. coming form out of state would a week end be long enough? Are they expensive? family friendly? any info helpful

RobinChristine

Asked by RobinChristine at 1:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Shopping

• I live in MN, I could visit it everyday if I wanted. But, there is so much to see. Yes, they are family friendly absoutetly. Yes, you could be there a week and still not see everything. It can be expensive, it depends on what is expensive to you. I would say to do a couple of things besides the mall when your here, but I would say a week is plently of time to take in the experience.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I live about 45 minutes from MOA. "they" say it takes 3 full days just to walk in each store- depends on what you are going specifically there for since they have so many stores. there are hotels around there but I am not sure on the prices, I would imagine similar to normal everywhere else pricing but I know the hotels have free shuttles to the MOA which might be helpful.. there is a biig huge amuesment park in the whole middle of the mall and Yes, its spendy, I spent$40 for like 5 rides I think for our son.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I can't imagine spending more than 2 days there. There are a lot of stores but many are duplicates (2 or more Gaps), or at least thats the way it was the 3x I've been there but it has been years. It's a cool place though!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• If you go there expecting an amazing shopping experience you will probably be gravely disappointed. It's like any large metro-area mall in terms of shopping selection, they just have multiples of some stores. Take your kids to the amusement park, spend too much on mediocre food at tourist restaurants, and call it a day.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It also depends on how old your kids are. They have toddler Tuesdays in the mornings every Tuesday where for $20 you can have unlimited rides. It is a very small amusement park and everyone should experience the mall at least once. There are some unique stores that you won't see at home, but generally speaking, most of the stores are the same as the ones you would find at home in your own mall. Nordstrom, Macy's, Bloomingdales and Sears are the anchor stores. Apple, Microsoft, LegoLand, Nordstrom Rack, even a dollar store upstairs and a liquor store to name a few. Ikea is across the street. There are some hotels nearby with indoor water parks, (waterpark of america, I think.) I also recommend Cabelas which there are 2 of them around an hour or so in different directions from the MOA. Have fun!
    nancyleeb

Answer by nancyleeb at 3:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I wasnt impressed.
    I_luv_Vera

Answer by I_luv_Vera at 12:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2011