Ahhhh! I can't stop eating!!!!

I ALWAYS feel SOOOOOO compelled to eat! I dont' know why! If it's sweet, and in the house I will eat ALL OF IT. Not just a little, BUT ALL! WHY? No way I am pregnant or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

• I don't know but I totally do this.. and I stress eat - I am under an enormous amount of stress right now and I swear in the past month I've gained 10 lbs. :(
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I would eat a whole lot all the time so I decided to stock my fridge with healthy things. I would have portioned grapes or watermelon in containers and when I would feel like binging on something I would break those out. All the water in the fruit will fill you up.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Sounds like you have a case of unstable blood sugar.  What happens when you binge on the sweet stuff is that a while later when the sugar is out of your blood stream, your blood sugar drops and the cravings hit.   It is a physiological need and no amount of willpower can fight it when it happens.   I know the feeling, you just absolutely have to eat anything you can inhale that has sugar in it.  And the feeling doesn't go away immediately so you keep eating the whole thing until finally your head feels normal again and you can think straight.  You binge again the next time (which may only be 1/2 hour or less later)  and the cycle continues.  Especially if you try to starve yourself to lose weight, it happens then too.  Check out Dr. Atkin's book and the chapter on blood sugar.  I am not saying you need to do the diet, but he explains it so well.  To be continued....

nancyleeb

Answer by nancyleeb at 2:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• The only way to stop the cycle is to completely stop eating sugar or fructose or honey or lactose or any type of sugar (there are so many hidden in our foods that Atkins explains in his book.) It usually takes me 3 days of attempting Atkins induction phase (which is designed to stabilize blood sugar) to get my blood sugar back to normal. In those 3 days, I say attempt, because I have to cheat a bit at times to survive the "weaning." But after the 3 days the cycle stops and I don't need the sugar. The other book I recommend is The Sugar Fix, by Dr. Richard Johnson, who addresses the same issues only he has discovered that when we eat sugar and fructose it raises our Uric Acid levels which causes a whole host of other ailments. The important thing you should understand is that when you get in this mode, it is usually a pre-cursor to metabolic syndrome or diabete, even if you are not overweight. Good luck!
    nancyleeb

Answer by nancyleeb at 2:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels! Why are you eating? I only eat at the table- it helps me be aware of what is going into my mouth. No mindless eating for this girl!
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 10:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2011