Can anyone give me a quick easy chocolate frosting recipe not out of a can

I tried to make chocolate frosting, but it was more like chocolate syrup. The problem is that most of the recipes i have come across have required a double boiler, and I don't have one.

qustnmrk28

Asked by qustnmrk28 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Butter, powdered sugar , baking cocoa and vanilla extract. I do the one stick of butter first, then add the powdered sugar until creamy then about 1/4 cup of cocoa but you can decide by take what to add more to - 1 tsp to 2 tsp of vanilla and taste mix and add to your liking.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I make a yummy chocolate cream cheese icing. It's really easy. With a mixer, blend 6 oz cream cheese, 2 tbsp butter, 4 1/4 cups powdered sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1-2 tbsp milk. No cooking necessary :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Do you have a stainless or copper bowl that will fit on top of one of your pots? You don't have to have a special double boiler to make one.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Use cocoa powder and confect. sugar! It's fantastic!!
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 1:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Maxs' recipe is SO good. My friend's mom made a choc cake with choc icing from scratch the other day. I LOVED it so I asked for the icing recipe....it's the same as maxs'. SO SO SO good. I like april's idea od adding cream cheese too! Yum!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2011