I was thinking about getting...

a bunny and a kitten. I had my cat for 8 years when he died of illness and it's been 1 year since he died. I think I am ready for a new pet(s). I have always wanted a kitten and/or a bunny but my old cat was really mean.

Does anyone have both? Do you think they will get along since they will both be babies together?

Bugzmomma

Asked by Bugzmomma at 1:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pets

• SO much fun... my friend just got a bunny at easter and its already almost potty trained, it can be litter boxed trained so I am not sure if it'd be easier to get the bunny and train that first and then get the kitten since they are easier to potty train and it would be young enough to like the bunny.. good luck!! my friend said she read girl bunnies are more fiesty and have the attitudes but I don't know how true that is.. the bunny chews EVERYTHING though lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• We had a bunny and cat together. They both were some of the best pets I ever had. I had a white bunny, so friendly. They got along pretty good.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 1:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have a small farm. All of my animals are together, at least on and off. Any new animal that comes to the property meets the other animals. I don't have a problem with any of them.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It really depends on the cats disposition. Mine would just try to hunt the rabbit! Lol he never succeeded but it was upsetting for the bunny. So we kept them separate. Also, bunnies STINK! Their pee calcified big time. Also, if bunny will be loose, bunny proof your house. I had mine chew cords, wires, clothes, toys etc.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I think it should be fine as long as they are raised from kitten and baby bunny; you can always ask your vet as to what they suggest
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011