Does your cat kick almost all the liter out of the liter box?

we recently got a cat from a family member that couldnt have it anymore. the cat is neutered, declawed , and is liter box trained! Flash is really a good cat and has been a good addition to our family! except he kicks most of the liter out of his box! what can i do?

cortneydmorris

Asked by cortneydmorris at 1:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pets

• They have litter box toppers you can try!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yes, we had a cat like that. We had to get one of those litterboxes where there's a cover for the whole thing, including a swinging door that closes behind them. We still had to sweep around the litterbox every day, because some still escaped, but at least we didn't have to keep refilling the box.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yeah, it makes a BIG mess! Get a litter box with a top on it, that is what we have.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 1:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• She used to until I bought a taser.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 1:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• have small dustpan and brush handy .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Lol I was just thinking the same thing. And they are so noisy with it too. Sometimes I can't help but to laugh because after all, they're just trying to cover it up to keep things clean
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• yes, a new litle box with a cover!
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I can't believe 2 of you people are against tasers. How else are you gonna learn 'em?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• UGH! I have 3 cats that do that, AND claw the heck out of the wall in the corner where their box is. Hubby just does NOT see the need for another box. The next one I get is going to have a lid and be bigger.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I haven't had a cat who didn't do that. I find it hilarious (even though the litter on the floor is annoying) that after kicking out the litter, they scratch the side of the pan. =|
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2011