I found a stray dog who's ... (severe abuse, need help)

I found a large breed dog this morning who has been viciously abused. Somebody had bound his genitals up with a zip tie and rubber band. I have rushed him to High Desert Animal Hospital and desperately need donations of any amount to help pay for his surgery. He was hemorrhaging and needed surgery immediately.

Am I allowed to ask for direct donations to be sent to the vet from my fellow Cafemoms? I am desperate to get this dog help but a $500 bill is completely out of the question for me right now. And yes, I am trying to contact animal agencies and have been lucky to get $100 funding so far. And few dollars will help.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 1:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pets

• First off I am so glad you found this poor dog and got him some help.

Second I am not sure if you can ask for money here.

Third I would call your local news channel. If you could get them to mention it I bet people would help. Heck he may even find a good home that way. If you are not going to take him in that is.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• OMG.. what the HELL Is wrong with people.. that makes me sick.. I am SO sorry but he is so lucky you found him !!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I think I would ask for extra donations to find the original owner and zip tie THEIR genitals.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• What a beautiful dog! Thank you for helping him!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 4:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Do you have a paypal account? Could you explain and post a link on your facebook wall?
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 3:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• what a beautiful dog how can people be so cruel that is just wrong; we are financially strapped right now ourselves or I would help. I agree with the others on calling your local news channel; and also agree with pookiekins answer. Good luck and God Bless hopefully you will get what help is needed and will find a good home for him
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I know that where I am from, if you mention that this is not your dog, but one you have found, they can give you a discount or something, I would call the news stations, newspaper and anyone I could think of. Thank you for helping this sweet dog, I know people can be cruel, we have 3 dogs and All but one had been abandoned or dumped.
    mrs.acosta2011

Answer by mrs.acosta2011 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Thank you ladies. I have called our local newspaper and am waiting for the editor to call back.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have paypal but no Facebook. I only posted an ad on craigslist and I'm waiting for the paper to call me back.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/pet/2451630515.html

that is the link to the craigslist post

that is the dog right before i took him to the vet

Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011