Do you totally trust the daycare your child goes to?

I love kids and love working and playing with them. I worked at 3 different places and at each one they aren't very nice to the kids. One particular incident..a 2 yr old girl was crying one of the workers started to hug the little girl and tell her mom to go ahead and leave she will be okay. The mom left and as soon as she left the worker push the little girl off her and said shut up you know I don't play with you! I took the little girl and tried to calm her down. I also witness workers give babies bottles thats not theirs and would leave dirty pampers on kids for long periods of time. But they would quickly change them if they knew the parent was about to come. They also would let kids cry..they just would closed the door until the kid went to sleep. Needless to say I quit! It pisses me off someone could mistreat a child and when you report them nothing is done about it!

suzzanna

Asked by suzzanna at 2:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I 100% trust my daycare provider. She's amazing.

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My DS is not in DC right now because SO lost his job but the last one he was in I ABSOLUTLY LOVE!!! it was an in home certified daycare and she was amazing i trusted her 100%!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Seriously, I would wait outside and tell the parents as they pulled up to drop the kids off. Maybe speak to the owner of the business or call your local news.
    Anonymous

• Yes I do trust my daycare provider or I wouldnt have my kids there. that is why in the beginning I did surprise pick ups or drop ins and had dh do the same...
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My daycare is my neighbor. I trust her 100% and my son loves going there.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Im so happy that you ladies found a good daycare for your child :)
    suzzanna

Comment by suzzanna (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My kids never stayed with anyone who wasn't a grandma (or my husband or myself). So, yes, I completely trusted anyone who was watching my child - and I wouldn't leave my children with anyone I didn't trust, hence, no daycare for us.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I worked at a daycare and swore my child would never be in one after that experience. The state requires certain toys and cleaning to be in the room and done daily but they notify the owner when they are to come...so she would make us fully clean everything right before, and bring toys out that were locked away. She also told me not to hold the babies (I was in the infant room) because they'll want to be held all the time, and a mother was still giving her 10 month old a bottle and the owner would tell us to pour the bottle out instead of giving it to the child because she thought he was too old for bottles. I quit after 2 weeks and reported her to the state. She's still there though so obviously nothing happened.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I worked in a preschool and everyone was wonderful to the children. The daycare i plan to send my kids to has a video monitor in every room and parents can go online, pick a room and watch their child at anytime. I've heard horror stories of daycares and preschools but I have a pretty good mommy sense and interviewed 12 different daycares before picking one. I would never leave my child somewhere that I didn't feel 100% comfortable with.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have worked in daycares too and while some individuals were shocking (and tattled on so were also fired) over all they were great daycares. I put both my kids in them and trusted them even though I was not int he same room as them.
    Misery_Stitches

Answer by Misery_Stitches at 9:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011