When pumping, how do you store breast milk ? How do you heat it up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if i know it will get used that day itll go in the frindge if not then it goes in the freezer i just put it in a bowl of hot water to heat it up :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i put mine in storage bottles given to me at the hospital and then froze the milk after dating the bottles..then when i was ready to use them i would take them out and leave on the counter until they were room temp..if you need it faster you can place it in a bowl or warm water
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I put it in bottles in the fridge. If I haven't used it in a few days, I put it in Lansinoh storage bags and freeze it. If you're freezing the milk, make sure to lay the bags flat until they're frozen, that way it makes them easier to thaw when you're ready to use them. I put the frozen bag in a bowl of warm water, or run it under warm water in the sink to thaw it. You can also thaw it in the fridge if you don't need it right away.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 3:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Thank you ladies
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkstorage.html Everything you need to know. =)
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 3:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011