Where can I go?

I haven't been working for over12 years because I wanted to be a stay home mom with my kids. Now they are all old enough to be home alone. And I'm ready to go back to work. where can I look. ?Any suggestions?

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 2:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• I work at DISH Network. They always hire but have a high turn over rate.
    shar-hulk

Answer by shar-hulk at 2:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• maybe craigslist.com?? Or your local newspaper...also u can check out the unemployment office...they may be able to help.
    Hope this helps ya!
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Your state's workforce agency probably has lots of online resources including tests, quizzes, and online resumes to help you narrow your focus to the right area. For instance, Texas has the workintexas.com website that has lots of great self-service features.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• check out snag-a-job.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• So, when your kids really need parental supervision, you have to go back to work? That sucks!

Stay at home moms have lots of skills that employers value! Skills such as time management, logistics, finance, management, etc. Additionally, you probably have done some great volunteer work and may have had part time or even consulting positions while you were home.
    Start with a great resume; update (or create) a Linkedin profile; let everyone you know that you are looking for a new position. How are your skills? You may want to take a couple of classes at a community college, like Microsoft office (at least Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and a basic bookkeeping class.
    There are lots of great tips in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 9:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Have you considered working from home? That way you could make enough income to spend more time with your kids or even replace a full-time income.
    I am a stay at home Mommy to my 9 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we are dedicated to helping other Moms work from home. We have free training, and unlimited support. NO Selling, NO Parties, NO RISK!!! It's an enjoyable and flexible home business.

I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Natalee-Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms! Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!

Visit my Blog: Familyceomom.blogspot.com

We are the largest group of Moms working from home online!

Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011