Venting... I might have a breakdown so I need to get this off my chest...

We are closing on our house at the end of July
We don't have a house to live in yet
Our Realtor sucks and my DH JUST realized this, I am seeming to find this whole new side of DH that I am not happy about in many ways, lazy, indecisive, not on board or track with all parts of this move
I have to call all our bills to set up cancellation/address change to my MOM"s... which we might have to stay with in our 30's and I am feeling humiliated about it even though I know its not permanent, we barely have packed except for the effort I've put in to it..which is hard in between working, raising a 3 year old and doing daily chores as it is...
we just found out we are getting new insurance at work which is TERRIBLE and so much out of pocket and I have to schedule now my sons sleep clinic visit which we JUST got the referral for and now have to set my own up to get my Endometreosis burned off again which I thought I could wait til at least after moving but now I can't and I have barely any vacation left at work to do so from my son being sick to me being sick to spent up vacation in the first part of the year
I am sick all the time from stress, eating like mad since I don't smoke and don't know how to relieve the stress and I was already overweight so now I just added to my stress and I don't know what to do first.. I find myself pacing around the house or upset because I feel overwhelmed.. i have a running list and am seeming to work on it but I feel my DH isn't helping and we have talked til I am blue in the face, he has a new position at work so he really is working, with drive time, 70 hours a week so i can't blame him totally for not helping as much but.. I'm too stressed to do this alone..wahhh... some days lately all I want to do it cry.. ahhh.thanks.. I feel better lol!~

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would write down everything that needs to get done and organize it into categories such as: Moving Tasks, Medical Concerns, Daily Chores, etc. Try to do a little something from each category every day, ask your husband to select one or two things that he'd be willing to help with every day (even if only for 20min, or whatever he has time for), maybe even see if you can enlist a friend or relative to help you get a few things checked off the list... Hopefully if you can break all this overwhelming stuff into manageable, bite-sized chunks you'll be able to start feeling like you're in control of the situation and getting everything done that needs to be accomplished. Hang in there, you can do this! And good luck!!! =)
    GwennasMom

Answer by GwennasMom at 2:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Sometimes getting it off your chest is half the battle to getting it off of your shoulders! Best of luck to you!
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Take it one thing at a time. You'll get thru this. Hugs to you!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 2:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Huggs hun. As mothers, we are always expected to carry everything on our shoulders. But you know what, even though its tough-you can do it. You do it because you have to. I know how you feel, I don't know which direction I'm going half the time..LOL..but hang in there. Be busy when you have to, but also schedule a day with your husband that he will HELP with the packing and schedule time after for YOU to RELAX.
    nacoledawn

Answer by nacoledawn at 2:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• just try to remember that all this stuff is teperrary and that you have a lot of things to look foward to~it'll pass and you'll be back on track soon.((hugs))
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 2:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Again, I would love to give you a hug. (There are SO MANY people here who I feel could USE a hug!) I think that GwennasMom gave you some outstanding advice. If things are broken down into manageable pieces, they don't feel so overwhelming. The part that worries me the most is the bit about your health insurance. So many people are putting down Pres. Obama's health care plan, but it would help avoid situations like this. (I DO NOT want to turn this into a political forum, so please people, don't jump on me for this!) Still, I DO feel that proper health care should be a RIGHT. Too many people these days are getting caught in the cracks of our present system. I hope you find a way to get the health care you and your son both NEED. I know stress like you are under right now makes it all worse. For now though, please try GwennasMom's advice. It's really good!
    Carolina_D

Answer by Carolina_D at 12:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2011