Would my breasts have been the same if.... adult content

I was wondering.. If i hadn't started breastfeeding in the hospital the day my daughter was born, would my breasts not have the stretchmarks they have and have no volume or perkyness?  Due to my milk coming in, a bunch of stretchmarks appeared! Would my breasts have stayed the same way before I gave birth if I decided not to breast feed? Weird question I know. But I'm just curious!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

• usually the changes in your breasts are due to the pregnancy itself and not so much breastfeeding.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Nope they would have turned out the same. It really has to do with as the Mom above said pregnancy not breastfeeding.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Agreed- pregnancy is the bigger factor. Your milk comes in either way. Breastfeeding is healthier for your breasts. It reduces your risk of breast cancer. it doesn't lead to stretch marks or sagginess.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Saddly, pregnancy is pretty mean to your boobs, but I do think that breastfeeding stretches things out more than not.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Nope. You carried tons of extra fluids by being pregnant. Milk would've come in anyway. An age and hormonal fluctuations still occur.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011