Do you and your spouse disagree on the number of children you want to have?

How do you handle it if so?

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes I wanted 4 and he is happy with 2( twins)

So we just have twins.

We believe if you don't have the money than don't have kids. They the children are the ones that suffer not us.

I'm not saying you need to be rich, but you should be able to cloth and feed you kids and not depend on the government long term!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yup! We have three now.. and we both agreed that we may want another in the future.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• We both started off wanting 2,. then we had our son and now have decided on just him and we still both sometimes go back and forth about another one but he is 39 and I am 32 so I don't know how much longer we can linger in making a decision
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yes, I want 4 but my husband only wants 3. ( but thats close enough for me lol)
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 2:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Neither of us had a set number in mind. We both agreed after number five that we were done.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Yes, I want a bigger family than DH does. I guess we'll have to wait and see. He only wants 2, but I want more. I'd like to at least adopt one child as well.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I never wanted any and made that clear but we decided it was the only way to get married. I'm sure he would have like to have more but I am not a kid-friendly person. I don't have the patience.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• We used to but fate interviened. We have two and there will be no more. It just so happened that I wanted three but I got endometriosis and can't have anymore. We are now happy with the family we have so it's a non issue now.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 2:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i have two from a previous relationship, now we are trying to have one of our own. we have mentioned having 2 - 4. he comes from a big family and i've always wanted a big family!
    abannist

Answer by abannist at 2:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• We currently have 2 but I would love to have another one in another year or two. Some days he says he is ok with this and other days he says we are done. The only thing is he won't get a hysterectomy so I say he could end up with more kids because of this! :)
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 3:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2011