How do I get my son's pee stains and smell off his bed?!?!?!

Our two year old son has a big boy bed (like a single bed) and we had taken the plastic out (which was a bad idea). He uses diapers but sometimes pees right throught it some nights. Now everytime i walk in his room theres a horrible pee smell coming from his bed(also im pregnant, the smell is probably stronger because of that as well). But after the wet nights i put a towel on top of the spot so it can dry out but that's no solution!! Anybody have an idea of how to get rid of the stains and rotten pee smell? Does baking soda do anything?

Glendyra

Asked by Glendyra at 2:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pet stain carpet cleaner. :)
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You can spray with a vinegar solution. Let the mattress air out. Wash sheets with vinegar and baking soda in the wash and rinse (vinegar rinse, baking soda wash). Go to wal-mart and get a plastic sheet to cover the mattress and that just needs wiping down after accidents.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I agree with the vinegar. I would spray the mattress, get it pretty wet with vinegar and let it sit for about an hour so it can soak in. i would then put it outside in the sun for the rest of the day.

Wash the bedding with 1/2c vinegar added to your laundry soap.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You should buy a plastic matress cover and soak the clothes in the bathtub with woolite then put them in the wash, thats what my mom did with my brother
    Louise9587

Answer by Louise9587 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have sprayed down my daughters matress with vinegar and it worked really well.
    Misery_Stitches

Answer by Misery_Stitches at 9:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011