Visitors?

We have Bible Study once a week. Tomorrow my friends will come as it is used to. I only have one little problem, my son won't let me study. As soon as the bell rings and he sees my friends coming in my son becomes very possessive. I've been giving him things to do. But nothing is worth his attention except his mother (me). My friends are saying that my son is going to have problems when he gets to go to school if I don't do something drastic. My friends don't believe when I say that my son behaves appropriately when he and I spend time together in the home. Is this normal for kids? For them to behave badly when visitors come?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's normal. I find that once they behave a certain way around certain people, they always fall back to that behavior when they come. Did you try putting on a movie for him? Bribing him with ice cream when they leave? Can he invite a friend over while they are there? Can your mother come and keep him busy or take him out? Good luck.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It is normal...do any of the other moms have a teen age daughter that can come to occupy your little one during that time?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• MommyH. Thank you.
    Answering your question, unfortunately that out of the question since their children are working.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011