So mad. I know it was wrong but I couldn't help myself.

Here I sit. I have a new puppy that I am not ready for but am caring for it nontheless. I guess I should share how I came to be the caregiver of said puppy.

I was outside my home minding my own business watering my lawn when I heard someone yelling up the road. It was a woman walking this adorable puppy and she was yelling at it. I hid behind my tree to see what the problem is ( I initially thought she was yelling on a phone) I then preceeded to witness her kick the poor puppy and scream around about how the puppy was so stupid and that it couldn't pee on the grass and not the sidewalk.

As she was about to kick the puppy again I sprang out from behind my tree and yelled for her to not hurt that puppy again. She told me to mind my own business and what she does is none of her concern. I went up to her in her face and asked her if she wanted to pick on someone she can pick on someone her own size and that can fight back. She told me to get out of her face and she kicked the puppy again.

I lost it. I pushed her down and grabbed her by the shirt and told her that I am not someone to mess with and that she should watch her ass if she ever walks down this street again. I shoved her away and she quickly stood up and threw the puppy's leash on the ground and said f*** both of you, and walked off in a huff.

It's been 3 days and I have been caring for this puppy like he was my own. I guess I could keep him, he seems really happy with me and my son (6). I just kind of wish I didn't snap on that moronic woman.

I know it was wrong but I couldn't just stand by while she abused that poor animal. FYI my son was at school and I had the day off and I would never act that way in front of my son. My instincts kicked in to save the poor thing and I haven't seen that lady since.

What would you have done in the situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pets

• Sounds like you did that puppy a favor, even if you were a little over the top. Just be glad you stepped in and saved it. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Kudos to you for standing up for a helpless animal.
    If you can afford it and have the time and patience - sounds like you have a new puppy.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• GO YOU!!! I am sure that puppy is grateful for you. In my opinion, a person who treats an animal like that deserved what you did. I love animals and would probably do almost anything for one. You have given this puppy a loving and happy home!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 2:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• IM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I myself would have done the same thing bc im a huge animal lover..if something happens and you decide you cant keep the puppy announce it at the local vet you are giving him away..but i think if hes doing great with you and your son that you two have possibly found your new best friend lol...maybe you should have threw the woman to the ground and kicked her a good few times to show her how it feels...my gosh you are such a wonderful person for helping the little fella!!!
    Anonymous

• I would have kicked her ass. Keep the puppy!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• i would of done the exact same thing! you go girl!!! that women had no right to do what she did to that puppy. im glad you did what you did. we need more people like you and me in this world
    Amber1103

Answer by Amber1103 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I would have said something too, that puppy was determined to stay with you, think of him as a blessing, he will be forever a member of your family and you will be idolized forever. We need more people like you to stand up to animal abuse, good for you!

Answer by older at 3:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You should be proud that you safed the puppy and it would have not been a bad thing if your son saw you safe a puppy from harm.

I would hope I would do the same thing.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I would not have had the courage you did. I am glad that you saved the puppy. If that woman kept that puppy, she would have either killed it or it could have grown up as vicious as she is. Perhaps a call to the local dog officer would have been the "correct" thing to do (and may be a good idea to do that now) but sometimes you have to stop the abuse as it is happening or you will never forgive yourself.
    BigMammaRed

Answer by BigMammaRed at 3:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• If you can, keep it. It probably realizes you saved it and is loyal to you. if you cannot, try your best t find a home yourself rather than a shelter. Possibly a friend or relative that you know is kind?
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 3:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011