Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have allergy to wat i don't know, my doctor made me ablood test for food allergies, mice, cat dogs and mist , dust , some kind of trees he said i have no allergies but the blood test tells that u have allergy for something which is not written in the test. doctor didn't tell me to go to a specialiest. he gave me

Fexofenadine HCL . i took it for 5 days i didn't get any allergy, but the second day i stopped it am full of allergy. this is the first time i get allergy so i stopped the medicin hoping that my body can fit it and get rid of this allergy that i don't know wat it is from . i don't want to go to allergy specialiest coz my friend tld me that the will give many shots and shots to know wat it is from... so plz help

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

Answers (3)
  • My son goes to the allergies. I don't know if it's the same for adults as it is for kids, but if your skin is healthy and able, they will do a skin test on your back, doesn't hurt.

    My son has a condition called Dermagraphia so he wasn't able to do the test. He had to have blood work. One needle 45 allergy tests for him. You could get more done because you are bigger and can have more blood taken.

    I would go to the allergist.

    Answer by marybeth927 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

  • I think that the first test (blood test) is to have an idea in general if you have allergies. The blood test also reads your immune system levels for antibodies for antihistamine. If you have high levels of antibodies then your doctor will refer you to an allergy and immunology specialist. The first thing the doctor will do is go through of series of questions about any allergic reactions such as nausea, headaches, skin reactions, eye problems, nose problems such as sneezing, itching etc., stomach problems, and so on. Then the doctor will do a PRICK test which is very important if you really want to know what are you allergic to.

    Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

  • What antibodies did the dr order the rast test for? Usually it is run for IgE antibodies. You may have none. There are also IgG antibodies that you could have that is causing all of this. It is possible that you are sensitive to something but not enough for it to show as an allergy. Skin prick testing will only show an allergy. It is an outdated process.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.