If you file Mental Cruelty for divorce...

What does that do? Does it affect the person's criminal history? I'm of the impression that how you petition doesn't matter, but I want to make sure. It's just the fastest way I can find to file an uncontested, without being separated for 6 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• bump
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• oh, i was going to suggest filing irreconsilable (sp?) differences but now i see why not, i would ask a lawyer bc i don't know. sorry i couldn't help.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Idk, I wanted to file mental cruelty but my attorney had me do irrecsileable differences because he was military and wouldn't sign otherwise.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• You better be able to back up your claim.
    Anonymous

• Different states have different divorce laws, for instance in Fla, there is a no fault divorce. Find out what it is in your state., but I can tell you whatever it is it does not affect any type of criminal history.

Answer by older at 3:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I think you should have clear grounds for it before sticking someone with that kind of label.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 3:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011