How much should my wedding ring cost?

Instead of an expensive ring when we got married I opted for braces. Well 2 years ago my husband said I can get a nice ring on our 5 year anniversary. It just passed. The ring I want is $7230. My husband seems to think this is expensive. Since he makes $130,000 a year, I think the ring is reasonable. Do you think this is a decent price?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Shopping

• I don't think it matters how much it costs. But you have to remember you will be wearing it for the rest of your life. If it included diamonds and they are too small, it will look rediculous later in life. In other words it should look good on your finger now and when your 50. (assuming your a young bride)
    Hunnieto3

Answer by Hunnieto3 at 4:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Personally I think that is a lot of money to invest in a ring unless you already have all the furniture etc etc you want.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 3:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Well since he makes that much a year then I guess it's not a big deal. On my and my husband's income a 7K ring is outrageous, but more power to you if you can...just get insurance on it lol
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• that is technically reasonable, bc they say it should be one-months income. i couldn't imagine putting that on my finger though. my ring cost 600, and i think it's perfect. also check out thejewelryfactory.com where you can design your own ring AND it's very reasonable!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• depends on what you can afford. if you can buy it without it putting you into a ton of debt and you can still pay your bills, I guess if that's what you want to spend $7000 on, go for it. I don't think I would spend that much on a ring.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 3:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I'd say go for it, but I'd rather have breast implants. LOL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• He makes that much but do you guys have most of it already going to bills? I think it is a bit much and would honestly not want one that cost that much but it is your ring.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I think that is perfectly reasonable unless your debt ratio is huge.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My DH kept touting the idea of 2 mos salary. Not sure where he heard it from.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• To me this is a pricey ring, but if he promised, then he should keep his promise.

Answer by older at 3:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011