Do you ever feel like a black sheep?

I get so excited when it's time for SCOTUS decisions! I think they are as exciting as election night.

This Walmart story isn't even making it on CNN's most popular stories counter thing. WTH people?

How could you possibly care more about some dude from Jackass dying in a car accident and some crap about Facebook than news that actually matters?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 3:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL...I am constantly amazed at how little attention people pay to what is going on in the world beyond the bounds of scandals and infamy.   I will be in a group and bring up a political current event and either get glassed eyes or utter confusion. It's incredibly dissapointing :(

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Why is there a news blackout on the nuke meltdown risk in Nebraska?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• "Why is there a news blackout on the nuke meltdown risk in Nebraska?"

You mean this?

"OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — The Missouri River rose to within 18 inches of forcing the shutdown of a nuclear power plant in southeast Nebraska, but stopped and ebbed slightly.

The river has to hit 902 feet above sea level at Brownville before officials will shut down the Cooper Nuclear Plant.

Nebraska Public Power District spokesman Mark Becker says the river rose to 900.56 feet on Sunday, then dropped to 900.4 feet later in the day and remained at that level Monday morning.

Becker says the plant is operating at full capacity.

The Columbus-based utility sent a "notification of unusual event" to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission when the river rose to 899 feet Sunday. The declaration is the least serious of four emergency notifications established by the federal commission."

Actually surprising no one made hay of it...

Answer by gdiamante at 3:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

Answer by Carpy 3 minutes ago

*insert confused curious george noise*

UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• cont...

Didn't even see it on AP last night. I know I'd have run it. No video from the local stations on the CNN feed either.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• And I am glad the SCOTUS ruled as they did.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• According to my cousin and her family, there is more to the nuke story than being reported.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Just checked the sites of a couple of Omaha stations... not much play there. Perhaps it's not such a huge deal after all?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• .And I am glad the SCOTUS ruled as they did.

Answer by Carpy a minute ago

Well at least you know they ruled!

UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Not so much a blacksheep as one of these

Anonymous