I can't get this right. I need some input.

Does anyone have a vaccuum that they like? I've bought three in the last 2 1/2 years because the motor burns out or they just stop sucking up anything or they just stop working altogether. I've had bissell and dirt devil. Does anyone have a good vaccuum that doesn't cost them $300.

amotherof1

Asked by amotherof1 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have a Eureka that I really like. I prefer to have the kind with bags, so that dust doesnt go everywhere
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I know this isn't your question, but I have a Dyson and I'm not thrilled with it. It doesn't pick up dirt anymore. I empty the canister, but I need to totally clean it out. I just had it serviced a few months ago and they cleaned it out. It really requires too much care for me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I use the $40 bissell they sell at walmart that uses the bag. I always have a problem with vacuums that have the dump bucket thing. I just make sure the bag never gets too full. I also have 3 dogs with lots of hair. I just buy a new one every 1-2 years. It is better to do that unless you take your vacuum apart often to clean the hoses.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 3:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I kept spending $100/year on new vacuums... I got tired of it and bought a Dyson. So far I am happy with it. I figured that it was better to make the investment now.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have a hoover wind tunnel that we've had for 6-9 months already and we love it. I vacuum EVERYDAY at least once if not 2, 3 or 4 times in different places. Also it comes with a 1 year manufacturers warranty and for 15 bucks more we got the extended, so that if anything breaks they replace it. A peer of mine said that's the vacuum she buys now because when hers break down they replace the whole thing!

BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 4:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Oh, and it was $130 at best buy
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 4:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• ELECTROLUX, I HAD MY LAST ONE FOR ABT 15 YRS, AND NOW I'M ON MY 2ND ONE, LOVE IT AND IT SUCKS UP EVERYTHING, EVEN WHAT I DON'T WANT SOMETIMES. IT'S A LITTLE EXPENSIVE BUT IN THE LONG RUN IT'S WORTH IT. SORRY ABT THE CAPS. !!
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My DD has a Dirt Devil and has had a Bagless one too, and both she has had to have the belts fixed every 3-6 mos, luckily her Dad figured it out and has been replacing them for her. I would never buy either one of them just bec of all the belts she has replaced, & bec of the time she goes w/out a vacuum. I had to take my vacuum up for a bit and she didn't want to give it back being my good ole Electrolux.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Oh my gosh! My boyfriend has the best vaccuum EVER. I forget what it is, but it's amazing! You can switch from regular vaccuum to any number of attachments without the hassle of bending down and unhooking and rehooking up tubes and stuff. Lemme see if he knows what it is. Heh. I'll have to get the answer. I'm so proud of this thing you'd think I invented it myself - or even owned one. Haha.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 6:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I only own Kirbys for that reason. Check your local area or craigslist for a used kirby. I have four dogs & 3 kids & my kirby is 15 years old & still sucks like it was new.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2011