Anyone read the stepford wives

was it good?
how does it differ from the movie?
thank you

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Entertainment

• I read it years ago and enjoyed it. I've never seen the more recent movie so I can't compare the two. It was pretty similar to the old movie from the 70's.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I will never forget that movie. I was a kid in the 70's. We were on vacation in Florida. Our parents left us in the room with that movie on while they went out. I was petrified. I am still scared from it! I can't read the book.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I read the book back in the 70's. I liked it and the original movie was pretty close to the book.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 4:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• There've been about 5 Stepford movies, some are remakes and some are sequels. The very original is pretty close to the book. Each new remake gets further away. The book gives you more emotional info - the stuff they can't really include in a movie.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2011