What did you do to cope..

Ive miscarried before, my son Nathaniel and it was really hard on me because my parents act like it never happen so i dont really have anyone to talk to about it because no one else in my family knows about it and my friends dont mention it. I recently got pregnant again, i was really happy because kids is something that i do want. i ended up giving stillbirth to my daughter, Danielle, at 22weeks. i went into preterm labor. Its been a 9days since it happen. its summer and i have nothing to do. Everywhere theres lil kids and its really hard. I dont know how to deal with it. Ive cried, ive talked and it doesnt help. I need something to keep me busy. So anyone have any ideas of how i could cope and keep busy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

• I know that "I'm sorry for your loss" is not pleasant to hear. I just don't know what else to say to express what I wish to say. There is something that I have learned--grief that one person is experiencing is different than what someone else is feeling. Have you thought about taking a class or volunteering at a rescue mission or volunteering for something else like the hospital or library?
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 4:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• :( i'm so sorry for your losses. I don't have much advice in this arena- do you have any hobbies that will take you out of your home and have you interact with other people?
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 3:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Honestly, you probably need to talk to a therapist.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• 9 days is a lot of time, there is no wonder that you are still upset about it. I miscarried at 25 weeks and it was a very isolating and lonely time for me, despite my husband and family. Nothing is really going to help. It is great to keep busy but it is going to take a lot longer than 9 days to heal. It took me about 2 years before I was ready to try for another. I was so afraid. Keep moving, keep busy but give yourself some space to grieve. Cry it out, yell it out, get it out but just give yourself some more time.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2011