Anyone else bored at home?

I love my children, but it doesn't seem like I can keep them entertained. There's only so long I can play with them before my mind just leaves my body because of the lack of stimulation it's giving my own brain lol Are there any ways I can make the long days at home fun and continually entertaining for the kids, and mentally stimulating for me as well?

-bored mom of 4

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do you have a weekly schedule of going to the library, park, the local swimming pool? With dd we had and still have a pretty set schedule of classes, library, swimming classes, movies. The libraries have weekly programs for kids that are free. When she was little I used to take her to the free movie Tuesdays and Wednesdays and the local Edwards theaters. Do they do anything on their own, like read or play quietly by themselves? I know it can be challenging to keep 4 kids entertained all day long. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 4:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• The problem is, is that they're 4 years and younger. ages 4, twin 2 1/2 year olds, and a 10 month old. It's almost impossible to take them anywhere public alone, all by myself.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• If you are at home all of the time, make certain to take time out for yourself, even if it is only 5 minutes here and there. I like audio books and radio programs. I also like to read large books I can lay flat on the table and read as I have time, It is hard to stay at home if you are getting bored! I also like to have company come over, especially other moms!
    Valleylily

Answer by Valleylily at 3:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2011