Teething at 2 months old??

I have heard that symptoms of teething can be as soon as 3 to 4 months but they dont cut until 5 or 6 months is thiss true?
My 2 month old has been very cranky off and on one week hes fine then at least 2 or 3 weeks later his symptoms show up again and when they do his pain seems to be in waves through out the day then at night he has trouble sleeping. I went through a lot of crap and so did he when i was trying to figure out what was wrong with him. Turns out my mom and i thought he was lactose intolerant bc he had all the symptom except rash his symptoms were : He seemed like he had abdominal pain, low grade fever (?) , diareah (very watery green/seedy poop) , fussiness , gassiness, and those symptoms were in waves throughout the day. Well hes been drooling for at least the past 3 weeks and they say thats normal idk if his is or not and there is not a lot of drool (sometimes) he spits up frequentley. I just changed his formula around a week or 2 ago and his symptoms went away within 2 days it was nutramigen (lactose +milk free) he likes to put his hands in his mouth and chewing on paci + bottle nipple Just today he basically choked himself bc he put his hands in his mouth too far back....i also have recentley started seeing + hearing him make some type of noise in his mouth it kinda sounds like him gagging and then swollowing puke bake down im so confused i dont know what to do. I burp him after every feeding and he sometimes spits up...any clues as to what this might be or sounds like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What you've heard is NOT true. They can be born teething and cut them very early.

Yes, he's teething.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I know a mama with a set of twins, one was born with 2 teeth and the other didn't get his first until 8 months old. Teething is different for every baby. Some are born with teeth, some don't get any until 18 months. Your babies symptoms definitely sound like teething.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My baby is two months old and teething, i didnt think she was either, but she is. hang in there
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My son was teething at 2 months old. His pediatrician tried telling me at his 4 month appt that he wasn't teething and then a week later he cut his first tooth.
    pinkie8986

Answer by pinkie8986 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Teething is different for every baby and can be as early as 2 months. Babies also go through a growth spurt at 6-8 weeks old that will cause them to be extra fussy. A combination of teething and being lactose intolerant will also cause very bad diarrhea. Your baby is probably just choking on the amount of saliva he is producing and has not yet learned to adapt to it. My daughter also did the same at his age. Try to not give him a pacifier for now because it makes most babies swallow more spit in turn causes more diarrhea and choking or just give to him when you are trying to put him to sleep.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 10:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2011