Have you ever been treated for a spider bite ?

I got bit on friday but didnt realize it was a spider my ankle felt like it was on fire, come saturday it looked like it scabbed over so I figured I just hit something, applied some neosporing and I thought that would take care of it , yesterday it's actually red and speaking to where my ankle is now swollen, I am going to the doctor here shortly ( appointment) has anyone been treated for one ?

NookBoookMom

Asked by NookBoookMom at 4:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

• I have been bitten but treated it myself with some Betadine..it got swolen but it gradually got better.

Answer by older at 4:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I was been bitten and treated for a brown recluse bite when I was 15. I was bit in my calf. The first day, by that night it was swollen and sore. Like a big huge mesquito bite but sore and not itchy. The next day it was more swollen. The bite itself was red but had no scab or ulceration (yet). My whole top half of my calf was swollen. I went to the Dr. who diagnosed it as a boil. I knew that wasn't right because i have had them before. But we went home and i kept it elevated. The next morning, the bite had turned black, the skin surrounding it was necrotic, black and would just flake off. It was open and oozy. (gross i know) I went to the ER where i was taken straight back (which kinda scared me lol) They injected the bite directly with anesthesia, and then drained it. Several syringes full. I was on IV antibiotics for a few hours. It took a good couple months to heal. I have a hole in my muscle where it ate the tissue.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2011