• In the Spotlight:

What do I do ?

Soo yesterday I took my neice (my sisters daughter) with me & my kids to my mother in laws house,now before I took her I explained to my sister that I was going to come home late,well when I got back my sister was highly upset that we came back late she curssed me out & sent me bad text messages,...now a few weeks I had promised to take my neice my daughters,my step daughter,&my God daughters to Universal studios today ,i still wanna take my neice with us because shes really a good kid,the girls all have fun together but I really dont feel like dealing with my sisters smart mouth &bad attuide, what do I do?

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 4:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am afraid you are going to have to deal with the mom in order to take her.......

Answer by older at 4:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Call your sister and ask if your neice is still going with you. That is a yes or no answer. If she says no, just say ok and hang up. If the answer is yoes tell her when you ar c omming and droping her back off.

Answer by louise2 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Did you give her an exact a time? I mean for her late could be 7-8 pm and to you could be even later.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Which relationship is more important to you? Do you want to have a good, solid relationship with your niece, or keep the peace between you and your sister?
    Work on clear communication. Call your sister, ask if the girl can go with you and all those other girls to the studio. Tell her exactly when you think you'll be home, and that you'll text her if something comes up to make you later. If she says fine, great! If she says no, too bad for now. Remain calm and positive. Was your sister always so emotional, or is this unusual behavior for her? Could she be going through something right now? Divorce, move, miscarriage? Send her a quick email several times a week, or a text. Try to keep in touch and build the relationship. Relationships are in constant change. WE are either growing closer together or farther apart. Relationships never stand still.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 9:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2011