What do you think of Toshiba laptops?

If you don't like them, then what would you recommend?

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Technology

• Cheap, low grade. No thanks.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I've been very happy with my 2 Satellites I've had for the past 6 years.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I like mine and have been very happy with it. I have also had a hp too and like it also.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 5:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• We have two. My only complaint is on one of them after a couple years the spot where you plug the charger in came loose and needed replacing. Its a simple fix and cost us 16bucks and some change to fix it. It probably was our fault it broke, we are not a gentle family.
    Also this one I am on the battery is dead. I've only had it a little over 2 years. The old one where the plug came lose is way older and the battery on that one still works!
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 5:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have an HP laptop, and my sons go back and for between an e-machines desktop and a Toshiba laptop. The only problem I have with the Toshiba is that it won't run on just the battery. If it's not plugged it, it will say the battery is about to die and it won't let you do anything - you can't even click to make the dying battery message go away. But I think it's just a defect with our particular laptop, and since I make them sit at a desk to use it anyway, it's not a big issue for us.

We use Linux on our computers, so I can't really say much about the operating system, because Linux always runs faster than Windows.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• DH had one that he used for like 7 or 8 years. Now it has lines down the screen but it still works - we use it to run Netflix on our TV.
    Anonymous

• Well I have had mine for less then a year and I have already had to replace the hardrive on it I had a Acer before that I had no problems with
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• We have had nothing but Toshiba, and we LOVE them. We have 4 and have yet to replace one for any reason.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I have not had any problems with mine. Its a Toshiba satellite laptop
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My DD has a Toshiba netbook and seems to like it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2011