Can you have breastmilk at 5 months pregnant?

My brother and his girlfriend are pregnant with their first baby. My brother asks me baby questions pretty much everytime I talk to him...

yesterday he said that his girlfriend ( who is known to lie and make up stories--even small ones that make no sense) , said that she is full of milk and has been leaking a ton of it ... I said i remember once leaking right before I had my first but it was milk ( i forgot what the doctor told me it was ) ... but that it was weird she was doing it this early ( she just turned 5 months) ... he said that she said she has so much breastmilk coming out that she could fill a bottle already and was mad that I didnt believe her...

I never said I didnt believe her ( although I admit I have a hard time believe it to be true) ... but what I SAID was that it was odd to be doing that so early...

Now I am curious about it... is it normal to have that much breastmilk at 5 months ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'd have asked her to show you a bottle of it. but i'm a skeptic like that.

i've never heard of it, but i guess anything is possible.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 4:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I know a woman who started lactating at 8 weeks along. I called her out and she showed me!!!
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 4:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• It's not common, but perfectly possible. My aunt was 3 months pregant before she found out. She had never had a normal period, but she noticed colostrum coming out of her nipples, went to the doctor and found out she was already 3 months along. Most women don't start leaking until the third trimester, but leaking earlier than that is absolutely possible.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• and I mean it isnt that big of a deal if she is ( unless it could mean something is wrong) .. it just annoyed me she made a big deal out of it because I said it was odd...which it is, it is uncommon to even leak that early let alone "fill a bottle" ...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2011