Example of an unethical scenario in the medical field

I have one about a nurse telling another patient about someone else's medical problem, but I am trying to be unique. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in

• Go to allnurses.com.. You will get a better set of examples..Join and them post your question.. It is very similar to cafemom but for nurses and nursing students :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• are you looking for other types? insurance fraud, abusing your position and making sexual advances, accepting gifts or funds for making care available off the records, getting a date bc the patient thinks you will help her more and leaving her believe that, changing test results, not teling someone they are dying bc they will be happier that way. um, if i think of more ill be back
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 5:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Thank you !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• A doctor prescribing meds to a friend that they know is going to sell them on the street.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Okay yes there are awful stories, but imagine how awful the world would be with no doctors, nurses, paramedics etc....
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• A doctor threatening a patient that "they have LOST their 12years worth of medical records' because the patient has decided to see another doctor. This actually happened to me. I wish I had recorded it!!!! To this day it still bothers me because he 'nonchalently' threatened me in this way....it was like saying "ok, you want to go see someone else..you won't be taking your records with you, you'll start all over from scratch". What do you do in that case? I was astounded and felt like I didn't no where to turn. You turn him into the hospital,, they take his side etc. You get a lawyer...chances are he can ensure that nobody in town will SEE you.....It's a losing battle it seems like. Needless to say....I'm still with that same doctor. (Neurologist) I couldn't take any chances. I'm chronically ill.
    Anonymous