At what age did you take your little one to ....

At what age did you first take your little one to the movies and have them sit through the whole movie? I know it will be a children's movie, but what age were you able to go and have the toddler be enthralled enough to sit through the entire movie?

bryncalyn

Asked by bryncalyn at 5:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest DD was 3 when we took her to see The Lion king and she was great during it..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• my kids are 3 and 2.. They havent been to the movies yet.. once i get a job i plan on having a family outing and taking them..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My son went a few months shy of his 2nd birthday, and he did great. But we have been countless times to the drive-in.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My twins made it all the way through Tangled at 3 1/2, but my daughter was a bit squirmy the last 15 to 20 minutes.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My daughter enjoyed a movie at just over 3yo however, the theater we went to served food. So we ordered lunch, went with a group of friends, it was a free kids movie showing (so no admission & full of parents & small kids). There were big rolling chairs & large tables. She had some hard time sitting through it & had to be talked to but over all she did alright. I am going to try again in the next week or so but this time it will be at just a theater. I plan to feed her a lot so maybe skip lunch then go & let them eat food to help chew up some of the time lol
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My son was 23 months old when my mom took him to Toy Sotory 3 and he sat through the entire movie. I took him to see Alpha and Omega 3 months later and he watched the whole movie. Part of the movie he was sitting on my lap, but about 2/3 of it he was all proud to sit in the big boy seat with his popcorn and sippy cup :)
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My kids were both about 3.5 before anything could hold their attention span. I'd rather err on the side of caution than have to leave a theatre midway through a movie because my kid is disturbing other people.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Around 3.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• My dd was 5. She could no way sit still any length of time before that.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 7:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• 4-5 yrs old and it didn't go so well.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2011