I am going through "the change" and right now i have mood swings. i am trying my best to control them by doing some deep breathing execises and thinking postive thoughts. i won't be seeing my doctor until next month. are there any suggestions on how i can control my mood swings before i go to the doctor?

natD1960

Asked by natD1960 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

• Do you take any vitamins or supplements? I started "peri" about 3-4 yrs ago and discovered that Vitamin E (at least 400 IU) helps with the mood swings, water retention and (most importantly) HOT FLASHES. 

Hope this helps. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• no, i don't and thank you. next time i go to rite aid, i will keep that in mind. thank you.
    natD1960

Comment by natD1960 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I'll look through my herbal/natural med books and see if I can find something else that might help. I do know Black Cohosh is supposed to be good, but I haven't tried it.

If you don't mind, I will send you some more info in a private message after while. I have to go get dinner started right now.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I tried ALL of the alternative methods, and then tried numerous doctor prescribed alternatives until I finally hit on one that is not the usual treatment medication which has worked somewhat effectively for the past 3 years. If you want more info, please private message me too.

I wish you the best of luck in finding some relief.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• thank you. any help is appreciated. i really don't like to take prescribed meds, but if i have to oh well. after supper, i will more than likely e-mail you. i was googling evening primrose oil, and it is mainly used for arthritis and pms, not menopause. my liver didn't have a nice reaction to the black cohosh and estroven that i was taking, so right now it is one or the other. right now, i need all the help that i can get, and menopause it is not like the monthly period.
    natD1960

Comment by natD1960 (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2011