Has this ever happened to you? adult content

I'm doing this anonymously because of the nature of the question ... it's a little weird and a little "off". My DH looked at me like I was nuts when I asked him so I thought I would ask you lassies.

Have you ever had a fart sting your hiney? If you have, do you have any idea why?? I had this happen to me the other day and DAMN that HURT!

Can't ask a doctor because I no longer have insurance so I'm asking you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Health

• Goodness... I'm going to go with whatever it was you ate before having this fart this is causing the stinging. Some foods react to our intestines adversly, perhaps because there is an allergy or the food itself is acidic; only a doctor could tell you for sure. But yes, this has happened to me before, and it tends to be when I eat nasty stuff like McDonald's or hot stuff like chili. Hope your bottom end feels better soon :)
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• SO always goes "that one burned so its going to smell" he thinks the ones that burn smell while the ones that dont wont smell LOL

Now myself I have hemroids so when those are tender yes a fart will burn but if the roids are not tender then no they generally dont.
    Anonymous

• if you eat spicy foods yes it can burn lol... im sure other foods can do it too.. yes weird question.. google it lol. i find it funny
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• http://www.smellypoop.com/facts_on_farts.php
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Hi Anon -

Was it an actual "sting" (such as a with needle) or a pain? To be conpletely honest with you I haver had "flatulence" to the point there was a painful sensation down there. Not really a sting per say.

I have since changed my eating habits eliminating sugar. Flatulence has decresed significantly, I don't have that uncomfortable bloat, and I have lost weight too. The cause could be from excess gas being released too quickly or more acidic gas passing through.

Have a great day!

SarahFarah

Answer by SarahFarah at 5:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• chrstny: I did google first and couldn't find anything about it. I know! Google usually has EVERYTHING! My "go to" for health questions is normally WebMd but it didn't have what I was looking for ... personal experience. Glad you got a giggle from it. It made me giggle just typing it!!! :-)

theitalian: I didn't even think about a possible allergic reaction. I will have to go back and see if I can figure out what I ate. It does feel better. Thanks. 

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Oh my! Look at my typos!!!!!! Sorry!!

SarahFarah

Answer by SarahFarah at 5:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Sarah: Sting like a needle. It was a sudden "OMG moment" so the excess gas could be the reason. I'm going to look at what I ate and see if that was the cause of the excess gas and try to keep it from making a repeat appearance.

Thanks for the help lasses!! Very much appreciated. This was a first and weird one at that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• someone childish has to be giving us thumbs down lol.. HEY WE KNOW YOU FART TOOOO :)
    Anonymous

• Okay, who is voting people down? Childish. I see no answers that deserve a down vote!

Everyone who answered will get an up vote from me as a THANKS for your help!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2011