Why don't church services...

Why don't church services have a Q&A section afterward? In school after the teacher lectures, they always have a time for questions. I know that you can go talk to the pastor afterward, but just like in school, there may be a question someone is too emberassed to ask or a question they didn't think of but could still benefit from hearing the answer.
Food for thought...maybe my random ideas will actually start a trend :)

hill_star03

Asked by hill_star03 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ours does. Most of the churches in the south do in fact. They all end in prayer and say if you need us come see us after if you have prayer requests or something you dont want to talk about publicly. They answer questions and all of that.

Answer by gemgem at 5:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I like the idea......it could be very helpful.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 5:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Most of the churches around here do something like on Wednesday nights. Those mid-week services are more of a study and questioning time, rather than for preaching.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 5:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• We do that sort of thing during Sunday School and on Wed. nights. As for the pastor's message, if I have a question, I'll wait around while everyone files out, then ask him or I'll ask the assistant pastor.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 9:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I've been to a few that do actually welcome questions. The issue isn't the fact that the churches aren't open to Q&A it's the fact that most people aren't willing to openly question... That said, I have never been to a lecture where questions were welcomed! So I don't see the comparison there at all.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• wow yea thats a good question, probly depends on the church and its pastor most pastors encourage ppl to talk to them after service or on wed night during study if u have any questions unless its too private, im sure you can always call them on their cell or at church if u know their office hours.good luck!
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• My church has a QA section on the website mormon.org
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 6:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Man, why are all the churches I've attended behind the times? I've been to maybe 15 different churches in my life and after the pastor is done speaking everyone gets up and leaves.
    hill_star03

Comment by hill_star03 (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• When we go on Sunday nights it's a more back and forth type service with the pastor.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Really Sabrina? Every class I've taken welcomes questions. How is someone supposed to learn anything if they can't ask the professor questions?
    hill_star03

Comment by hill_star03 (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2011