Can baby have diareah while teething?

my son is 2 months old and he has all the symptoms of lactose intolerance. IThese symptoms: abdominal pain (at least i think),low grade fever , diareah (seedy green sometimes very watery) fussy, trouble sleping. The symptoms come and go thats y i didnt think it was teething. do teething symptoms come and go ,like every other week or something? his diareah and everything was gone when i switched him to nutramigen(lactose and dairy free) then his symptoms started back up last night his ,and poop isnt watery or as bad lookin as it did last time but give it a day and it might. today he was really fussy , he chewed on everything, paci , bottle nipple,. So i posted a simaular question about this and the moms said it sounded like teething symptoms and i did research and then i froze a rag and let it thaw since it would probably hurt his gums. it worked ...for a little while. then i gave him some infant tylenol and within 20 to 30 minutes he stoped crying (only when i held him upright) and then he went to sleep. he is now sleeping in my arms. lol any advise as to if this is him teething if not any other advise as to what it could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they sure can.. There are teeth call diarrhea teeth which means the kids always get diarrhea when getting them.. not sure what teeth or what age they get them.. but my kids and my sisters kids all had diarrhea when teething

Anonymous

• Doubt that it's teeth being that he is only 2 months. Have you had his ears checked? Might be an ear infection, and the chewing is helping with his ear pain. Being cranky after eating might be gas, have you tried soy formula?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Try a different formula, like gentlease or similac sensitive. It can be teething. Some babies are born with teeth. It's uncommon, but possible to be teething at 2 months. Get to the doctor asap to troubleshoot why he is having diarhea.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure it's teething. I hope he feels better soon!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Teething can certainly cause diarrhea! If an excessive amount of saliva caused by teething is swallowed it can cause a baby's stool to break up. Try not letting your baby suck on a pacifier unless he is sleeping that tends to be the most common reason baby's swallow saliva. Just let it drool off his face :)
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 9:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• it sounds like teething my oldest started teething at like 2 and a half months i never had a problem with her but my 10 month old has all the same syptoms when shes teething the only thing that helps her are teething tablets
    luckygurl17

Answer by luckygurl17 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• so the symptoms went away for a while then came back for u too?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2011