Do you need 6 months worth of pay stubs for all home loans...

My husband and I have been looking for a house to buy for the last couple of years,....

last year we found out someone was using his ID and we got stuck with those charges ( about $14000) ...

So for the last year we have been fixing that... and our credit is now good enough for a house loan...

The problem is my husband recently changed jobs, and the bank we were going to go through said that our credit is perfect, but they want atleast 6 months worth of paystubs...

We found our dream house now... and I am so afriad we will lose it, if we dont act soon... but we dont have the 6 months worth of pay stubs ...

Would some banks approve us with only a few months at this job ( along with records from his last ?)

they said that was the ONLY thing holding us back from a loan at that time...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• Can't you contact his former employer for that info? Most will give it to you. Since he doesn't work there there may be a small fee...but they should have that info on file for you. Good luck! And congratuations on finding your home!
    Linda
    lradant

Answer by lradant at 6:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• No I meant my husband has the proof of income from the previous employer and such... I just mean do all banks need that many months proof of income... like my husband has worked at this job for 3 months... according to the one bank we cant get a house until he has worked there for 6 ....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Some ask for 12 months and tax returns for 2 years. You should ask the loan officer what is needed. If they ask for 6 months of check stubs then they want 6 months of check stubs. I am sure a total of 6 months from both places will be sufficient but it's up the the bank or lender and their policies.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2011