Meatloaf recipe?

Any one care to share your meatloaf recipe with me, please?? Thank you :)

zombiemommy7

Asked by zombiemommy7 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• This is the best one I have ever had, it's delicious with the ketchup and brown sugar on top!

You need:

2 lb. Ground Beef
    1/2 onion chopped (1 whole if it's a small onion) *optional-my sister adds a chopped bell pepper too
    1 small can of tomato soup (use only 3/4 of the can)
    1 1/2 cups of oatmeal or bread crumbs (I use both and there isn't any difference in the taste)
    2 eggs
    Salt and pepper to your taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350
    Combine the above ingredients (if you have a Kitchen Aid Mixer, put oatmeal in first and mix thoroughly on low.) If not you can mix by hand in a big bowl. Put the mixture into a 9 X 13 pan.

Combine 1 1/2 to 2 cups of ketchup with 4-5 heaping spoons of brown sugar. Mix together until all brown sugar is worked into the ketchup mixture. Spread evenly across the meatloaf. Put in the oven for about an hour and a half.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I make turkey loaf. For a pound of turkey, I use 1/4 c bread crumbs, 1 Tbsp Parmesan, 1/4 cup milk, 1 egg, 1 tsp each basil and parsley, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp soy sauce, a little ground pepper, and if I have it, 1/2 cup of cauliflower purée and 1/4 cup spinach purée or carrot purée. Mix by hand, spread ketchup on top with a spoon and stick in the oven at 350 until inside temp is 175, about an hour (varies). I serve it with ketchup.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Oh, I nearly forgot! Also, 2 cloves minced garlic and 1/2 medium chopped onion!
    musicpisces

• 1 pound ground turkey (or hamburger)
    1 cup breadcrumbs
    1 egg
    worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and seasoning you like and add to your taste.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• That sounds yummy! I forgot to add ketchup. I do mine pretty simple as you can tell. :)
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Alton's recipe, makes people who hate meatloaf like meatloaf:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-meat-loaf-recipe/index.html

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2011